Lisa Wegkamp picked Arleen and I up to go with her to a fabic store to help her pick our material to get a temple dress made. Here they do not have patterns. You show a picture of the dress you want, they take measurements and are able to make the dress. She decided on some material, with Arleens help (she is artistic and was a great help). We had some time before we needed to get back, so she took us to this museum. As we came to it, she said I don't know where we will park, but right in front was a free space. There was a TV camera out front. We found out a press conference had been held. The artist, Fernando Llort, had hand painted 2000 tiles and put them on the Catheral downtown. The Bishop had decided he did not want them there anymore and had a jack hammer destroy them. That is what the press conference was about because everybody was upset. He is a famous artist and the tiles were valuable.
A picture with Fernando Llort's son. I am holding the shirt I purchased. This painting is called "Canto de Vida" or Song of Life.
I took this picture of the artist, Fernando Llort, since we missed getting a picture with him. He was in the musem at the time we were there and we met him and shook his hand. This is one of his pictures and hangs above the kitchen sink. It is called "Himno a La Gracia" or Hymn of Thanks and I really like it. It was a great day. We were able to meet Fernando Llort and enjoy his beautiful art work, got a parking space, and traveled in safety.
0 comments:
Post a Comment