This is just before we left to go to Pres. and Sister Lopez home for dinner. The Lopezes are on the right. He also works in the temple.
Here we are visiting while we wait for the meat to cook. It was very nice of them to invite all 10 of us over for dinner after the General Relief Society meeting. The temple was to be opened only 1/2 day. They were expecting it to be busy, so asked for all the temple missionaries to be there. Two couples went at 4:30am and 2 couples went at 7:00am (us). Since I am limited in my Spanish, I really didn't have anything to do at first. Sister Hernandez asked me to go into sealings. I stayed there until noon when they stopped. Then I went down and helped in the laundry. There was alot to wash, because so many young people came to do baptisms. We can stuff 20 towels or 20 baptism suits in one washer. To dry we put 10 towels in 2 dryers but it was taking forever to get things dry. I left the temple at 5:00pm went to the conference at 6:00pm. Teresia Walker, Eileen Petersen and I watched it in English. Enjoyed Pres. Uchtdorf's talk on forget me not. Then we went to the Lopezes for dinner.
President Lopez is BBQ the marinated beef and the sausages. This lady is their household help. She made the tortillas very fast, right while we were waiting for the meat to cook.
For dinner we had the BBQ beef, rice, red beans with grated cheese and fresh homemade tomato salsa. Flan for dessert. Homemade of course and very good.
Pres. Lopez and Pres. Petersen started telling stories about the time they were asked to kiss their wife in public. Sister Lopez became embarrassed and Pres. Petersen demonstrated what happened for us. I think Sister Petersen was embarrassed also.
0 comments:
Post a Comment