We started conference weekend off with a Gibbons tradition. They always get their family together on Saturday morning for homemade biscuits with strawberries and whipping cream. So he invited all of us. Around the table, Me, Alas', Gibbons, Petersons, Kitleys, Manjanos. As we were leaving the Alas' showed us a figurine of the Gatemala Temple that was given to them.
While the men went to Priesthood meeting, Teresa Walker picked us up and took us to her house for a get together with the other English speaking sisters. Teresa had just moved into this house and had purchased 3 hammocks and put them up. Arlene Kitley is trying to relax in one. She had a varity of refreshments to enjoy and of course visiting with the other ladies is always a treat. Third picture is Teresa Walker and Arlene Kitley.
Sunday we watched conference at the Church. They had set up a room and showed it in English. I was touched by the music and words spoken. During Pres. Eyrings talk I had tears in my eyes and I was just so grateful to be there. I was so grateful to feel the joy and peace of the spirit. Conference talks are always so uplifting and encourage us to be better.
0 comments:
Post a Comment