CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Youth Conference

"Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come." D & C 68:6
Thursday we were asked to speak at a youth conference on Saturday afternoon. Brother Silvestres picked us up at 2:00pm and drove us to Apopa. The youth were already gathered at the church. I had even prepared a short talk in Spanish that I read. Frank is a good speaker and everyone enjoyed his talk. After we spoke, we all moved into the cultural hall and they played games. Here they are playing "Do you love your neighbor". Those that missed out on a seat had to get in the middle and perform. Some of them could really move their feet fast and one young man could make music with his mouth. They were having a good time.
Frank asked if we could get a picture with all the youth. The second picture has some of the leaders in it. After we got through taking pictures, we moved back into the chapel and they had a testimony meeting. At first we were sitting in the back, but they asked us to sit on the stand. After the young people would bear their testimony, they would came over to us and shake our hand and then would go sit down. After the meeting many of them came up to talk to Frank. He relates well to people and expresses his love to them. It was a very enjoyable experience. I pray that the youth will desire to remain strong and true to the gospel and our Savior Jesus Christ.

0 comments:

Post a Comment