CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day

Mothers Day in El Salvador is always May 10. We were receiving things starting May 9 through May 13. The first gift I received from a Temple worker was the duck made from a plastic bottle. A sister from Santa Ana gave me the brightly decorated bottle, a vase for flowers. I received candy, homemade carrot cake, and Sister Majano wrote a saying on a card for me and she wrote it in English. The temple had cake for all the women on the 10th and the 11th. Another sister provided flan for us on the 12th. It was a fun week.
On Saturday I told Frank that Sister Perez had invited us to the baptism of her twin daughters but no one knew if we would be going. That night she called Frank and asked him to talk at the baptism. Sunday morning Sister Kitley gave us the invitation and on the back was the program with Elder Frank Wall speaking about the Love of Jesus Christ. The baptism was at 3:00 and she sent a mini-bus to pick us up. Frank gave a very personal and special talk to both girls. A group picture of the senior missionaries, Pres. and Sister Alas and the two young girls.

This is Sister Perez, the mother, with her camera, and Brother Perez, the father with Frank. I found out yesterday that they have 7 children. I only noticed 4 children sitting by them. As we were leaving Sister Colina and Frank are shaking fingers. I had to get a picture of it.

While taking pictures, Frank covered Sister Santo's face. Sister Santo and the other lady sang Teach Me to Walk in the Light at the meeting. Then Sister Santo covered Frank's face while I was taking pictures. Frank is liked by everyone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment